Monday, August 20, 2007

August 20,

Today started so early I was up by 6:45 to go to the hospital!! They tested my blood and my levels went down I am now at 300 my body is all confused!! Even my platlets and red blood cells are going down. Dr. Barnette says it can be two things 1- we came home when my counts were very low so they are still coming up slowly and we will start chemo when they are up which he thinks will be 1 wk or 2- the leukemia cells are back with a vengence and waiting for them to come up will never happen so they will start chemo this week. I am hoping for another week it just sounds better. I did great with the bone marrow aspirate. Mom came in the room with me when the Dr. put the sleeping medicine in, I lasted for not even 1 sec. Mom was shocked, she said a couple of times "Dude open your eyes" she thought I was teasing like I so often do. But I tricked her I was totally asleep! During the procedure I guess I was moving around a lot & the Dr. didn't like it so he put more sleeping medicine in me, then I gues I got the hiccups and he put more medicine in me! So I was sleeping for a very very long time. The nurse in recovery told me I set a new record for sleeping the longest after a procedure. Love you all

Trent

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trent-
Arrggg matey! You are one tough dude. We have been enjoying looking at your blog spot. We like that BYU shirt. Totally cool! Are you working with your mom on school work? Is it cool to do school but not have to sit in a classroom? Well we sure miss you lots. We have gotten quite a few lightening and thunder storms in the last few weeks. The kids go out with Jer and sit on the porch and watch the lightening and then cover their ears for the thunder. Sometimes it is sooo close and really load. How is the weather in Utah? Are you able to go outside at all? What have you been doing fun while you have been at home? I bet Brad and Nato are loving having you there! Kayla and the boys caught some big furry catapillars today. They are hoping to keep them and watch them turn into butterflies. They have a big orange and brown one, and two white furry ones. We wil have to see if the build their cocoons. We will send you some pictures if it happens. It can be like science class. Well keep up the good work. We are praying for you all.
Love ya-
The Erickson's
P.S. Sorry if there are spelling mistakes. I need to go back to school Ha/Ha

The Fackrell's said...

Trent,
Hey bud! I love the BYU shirt what a neat gift! Does it have all of their signatures? Or how many? Very cool. I'm sorry to here that your levels have gone down. We are praying for you. My kids sure miss you, especially Aspen, she ask's at least every other day when you can play video games again with her. We recorded High School Musical 2 and sent it to school with Aspen to give to Brad for you to watch. Your mom said you wanted to see it but couldn't leave the house. It has alot of Basketball in it. Fun. So how is the school work going? Is it hard? Or is it alot of review from last year? Well is there anything you would like? Like fish or shrimp maybe? :-) No serious any movies, toys, books, music, snacks that you are wishing you had? Let us know, we would love to bring you something fun. Well have your mom and dad call me when they get a minute.

We sure love you,
Melissa, James and the girls

Anonymous said...

yo! its the kiyotas (caitlin) but any ways get better dude you are soooooo tough! luv caitlin!

Duval Family said...

Crystal & Family,

The BYU shirt is awesome!! Mom reads with me. When we get to the hospital I will have a tutor and my teache Mrs. Ashby will come once a week in September to keep me up to speed. That is so cool about the thunder & lightening. It is just hot hot hot here in Utah nothing new. I don't go outside very often mom makes me wear my mask and I hate wearing it so I stay inside and play but that's ok!! I have just played at home. That is cool about the catapillars Nate had catapillars they watched grow and form into butterflies he loved it!! Those pictures will be fun to see. How is Kayla & Gordon likeing school? Is Tyler bored with both of them gone? How is Jer's work? Are you guys going to be able to come for Labor day? How is Emilee? I bet she is growing so fast!!! Talk to you later.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Fackrell's

Hi guys, I miss playing with you!! Hopefully soon Aspen will be able to play video games with me! Thanks for High School Musical 2 it was fun to watch. Did the girls love it. I am just glad there wasn't much kissing I get sick of that!!! Well mom says you are having a baby, how is it going? I am praying and hoping for a boy!!!! James needs at least 1 boy!!! Well talk to you soon. Tell all the girls hi for me.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Caitlin,

Hey it was so fun to see you guys. You have all grown up so fast. Thanks for writing. Have fun at school.

Love Trent