Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June 3rd day +28

Things are going. I am not showing major improvement so they are going to watch me for a few days to see if the gvh starts getting better. If I am the same they will give me a bolus of steroids and hope it will kick my body in gear and start healing. The doc's say I am just taking my time and they want to see results. I haven't had any more scarry nights thank goodness! I just have diarrhea very bad. It's calmed down to 4-7 times a day instead of 7-10 times. I am on some pretty heavy meds so I zone out a lot. I am starving and can't eat but hopefully soon I will be able to! I am just thankful the pain is under control and hopefully I won't remember much of this hospital stay. My liver enzymes are still up there but are coming down each day! Thanks for all your prayers. The doc's also say that this is a good sign that I have gvh so bad. They have seen many kids who have had gvh this bad and it's enough to kill all the leukemia cells so we are very hopeful. Well have a great day.

Love Trent

3 comments:

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Trent, you don't know us, but we are friends of the Korth's and we have been following your blog for a while. My son Mason is your age and is friends with Kyle Korth, but we live in Las Vegas so we don't see Kyle very much. Kyle says he was in your primary class. Anyway, we just want you to know that we think you are the bravest boy we have ever met. We really want you to get better and we pray for you here at our house. You are so strong and amazing and I can tell you have a great sense of humor. I will continue to check on you through your blog, but we just wanted you to know that someone in Las Vegas has been touched by your life, and we haven't even met you!

Love,
The Fonnesbeck
Family

Shelli Simmons said...

Trent,
What a relief that you are not having any more scary nights and that your pain is under control! I hope you won't remember anything about the tough days and that the leukemia cells will all be destroyed. You are one amazing little dude! We love you!!!
Love, Shelli

Crystal Erickson said...

We hope you don't remember much of this trip either,(at least not all those bad nights) and we are praying that your gvh means no more leukemia cells too. We love you a lot and hope the next time we come to Salt Lake you are home and able to play.