Sunday, June 29, 2008

June 29th: day +54

Another weekend in the hospital. Tomorrow will be nine weeks for this stay so far with no immediate end in sight. I have not been feeling that well the last two days and haven't even held my box of Lucky Charms to smell. The tests finally came back on the Epstein-Barr virus I initially showed positive for. Most adults carry the virus with no problem but it would have made a difference in what treatment they would try next. The test showed that the virus is present in the tissue sample but not actively flowing in my blood stream. This test was holding up any new treatments. This afternoon they are going to start me on Remicade. Another relatively new drug to try and get the graft v host disease under control. Thanks for checking in. Love, Trent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Trent,

Everytime I check the website to see how you are am amazed at the super hero strength you display!

You are a wonderful boy and our world is a better place with you in it. My mother, Norma Johnson (she made you the spider man blanket) asks about you all the time. I keep her up to date and let her know you are doing the best you can.

Our hearts are full of prayers for an amazing recovery for you! Keep up the fight and know that we are all pulling for you.

Sherr Bowman (Blue Stakes)

Anonymous said...

Trent, I know this is kind of an odd question...I don't read your blog every day, I just pop in a few times a month, but I was just wondering....are you a big fan of the Utah Jazz? If so, Have you ever figured out who wears that mascot suit? Do you have a favorite Jazz Player? Or are you more of a BYU Cougar Man? Just wondering because I don't think I know that about you. We are still praying our socks off that God will give you a miracle. You are an inspiration to us all.