Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 15th: day +59

Well the tests have come back and nothing was jumping out at them. There were enough small signs though to show that I do have some graft v. host disease going on. They believe that I came in with an infection and it then moved to graft v. host. Tonight they started me on steroids(prednisone). The steroids will control the graft v. host but it brings with it a "whole host" of complications and side effects. I will probably be on steroids for at least a couple of months. The good news is hopefully I will start feeling better so we can leave. I've been here 15 out of the last 17 days and am ready to go home. Thanks for the support and prayers. Love, Trent.

2 comments:

camilla said...

Hi Trent! I hope you are feeling better, we miss you at school!! I'm glad you like BYU, so do I!! GO COUGARS!!! I cut my long hair and have saved the braid for you if you need it. I do gymnastics and am on Pre-Team. My brothers and I like to build Legos like you. My brothers have big Star Wars Legos. Maybe I can send a new Lego set to you with Mrs. Ashby when she sees you again. Get better soon, I will pray for you. Love, Camilla Jimenez

Anonymous said...

Dear Trent,
I'm so glad my interview is done. Last night the wind was blowing so hard.I was awake the whole night. How are you?*
LOVE,
*MaKayla Erickson*