Friday, January 11, 2008





1st picture- My fixed central line
2nd picture- My nose tube
3rd picture- My totally awesome hair
Today has been exhausting. I started a fever at 12:00 a.m. At 8:00 this morning it was still running high so the Dr. scheduled a ct scan. I had to drinik 1 liter of contrast (purple drink) it was a lot but the other choice was to have a feeding tube put down my nose to take the drink and my pills. Well I was so determined to not get a feeding tube I drank 3 1 oz cups in no time. I still had to drink 18 more 1 oz cups. Well I have not drank very much in the last 2 months so I could not finish them it was to much, Mom said she was very proud of me I tried my best. So they ended up putting the tube down my nose. I was very still and they got it in. When they gave me the purple drink I would throw it up so in the end I ended up with only a little contrast in my stomach. They were able to get all they needed with the ct scan. When I was getting the ct scan they put 100% concentrated contrast in, well they blew my line and and I had a big hole in it. The tech hurried over and of course I started to bleed so while he held my line so I would not bleed. Irish the nurse put a clamp on the line and we were able to get me in my room to repair the line. Ct scan came back and they saw no infections, but I still have a fever and they have no idea what is going on. So we wait again! My hair is coming back it is very fuzzy, Mom and Dad love to touch and rub it. I am so excited for my hair to come back in!! It's been a very crazy day but I'm glad the ct came back good.
Love Trent

6 comments:

Shelli Simmons said...

Trent,
Feeding tube...YUCK!! No infections...YEA!! I love your fuzzy hair!! I feel so bad you are still in the hospital! We will keep praying for the Dr's that they can find out what is causing your fevers. I hope you can get out of the hospital soon!

Last week we had a primary pj party where everyone came dressed in their pj's, we ate donuts and everyone got to meet their new teachers. It was fun! The teachers brought baby pictures of them and we had to guess which baby picture when to which teacher. They all looked so cute!! Some of them it was easy to guess and others it was really hard. We also had the teachers bring two items that describe them and we had to guess whose stuff belonged to which teacher. Teachers also brought their favorite treat to share with their class. Guess what? Sister Whittle, who lives down the street from you, has an autographed BYU football. It was really cool!

Sunday during Sharing Time we played a game called "Are you smarter than the Primary Presidency". It was a fun game! Both Jr. and Sr. Primary won, so they are smarter than the Primary Presidency and I have to bring treats for everyone this Sunday.

Your teacher this year is Sister Hawkes. She is awesome! You have Jackson Roberts, Andrew Hartley, Dallin Owens, Addison Garrison, Jennifer Holm, Kennedy King, Brayden Burgon, Abbi Holt and RJ Oakeson in your class.

I hope you have a better day today! Love, Shelli

trishthefish said...

Trent,
The first thing I noticed about your pictures was your cool new hair. It's a good time to have hair because it's freezing outside. I guess you are inside in the warmth so you don't realize how cold it is. I'm glad you got to play in the snow before you went back to the hospital. I wish they could find out why you have a fever. Whatever it is is trying to be sneaky and hiding from the Doctors but I think that they will find it. We haven't started building our new house yet but we just bought a new business. Dakota, Aspen and Talon are going to go to the new Charter school that is supposed to open by next year but I don't think they have started on the building yet so I guess we will just have to see. Mr. Hansen will probably let them go to Foothills again next year, that's if he is still around.I wish I could come see you but Raven has been so sick and I want to make sure I'm not getting it so I don't pass it along.Have your mom give me a call when you can have visitors, I don't have her cell number but I can call your room if it is easier. Take care!!!
Trisha

Nurse Heidi said...

BLECH!! Feeding tube!!! They tried to put one in me and I barfed it back up after 10 minutes, so I'm impressed that you can keep it down. I'm so sorry you have to sport so many "accessories" right now. At least your hair is coming back : ). Though I have a brother in law that likes to say that God gave hair to some men and brains to others, so maybe you're super duper smart right now.

Hang in there~

Anonymous said...

Dear Trent,
I am sooooo nervous about getting baptized. Tomorrow is my baptisimal preview. I have to go and see the bishop! I wish I didin't have to GO! That's COOOL that your hair is growing back! What did you get for Christmas?LOVE MaKayla

Anonymous said...

Trent,

I love your fuzzy hair. It rocks. My dad is still shaving his head. He would grow hair if he could. My mom was out of town to take my cousin Ashley to BYU-Idaho for college. She had so much stuff to take, they needed our truck.

Here are some jokes for you:

#1: What do you call a pirate snoozing on top of a pirate chest?

Sleeping Booty! : ) Ha, Ha, Ha

#2: What type of a fish makes a pirate giggle?

A clownfish! Ha, Ha, Ha

#3: "What is a pirate's favorite letter of the alphabet?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Ha, Ha, Ha

#4: How can you identify a leopard fish?

O they are easy to spot! Get it? Spot, leopard. Ha Ha

Your good friend Russell

Anonymous said...

Trent-
It's great to see your eyebrows again. Awesome! Well I hope they can figure out what is going on in your body. You have been through a lot but you keep going. When I have a tough day I think of you and then my day is nothing. Thanks for being inspiring!
Love,
Sis Makin