Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 18th





1st picture- cuddled up in my blankets, I was so cold
2nd picture- making homemade lemonade
3rd picture- making monster hands
It's been a crazy two days!!! My body does not know what it wants to do. Since yesterday I keep having fevers on and off. Yesterday they did a culture on my central line, it had a little puss on it so they are worried it is infected. Today nothing has grown on the culture so so far so good. This morning I woke up and felt very icky!! I started shaking really bad because I was so cold. My skin started to look very blotchy and when they pushed on my skin it took a while to recover (if that makes any sense). The nurse and doctors moved so fast to help me. They put me on a new antibiotic, I am now on 3 antibiotics and watched me very closley. It took a little while but I finally got warm and my skin looked better. The fever has not gone away, so I get ice packs all night to bring it down! My nurse went to flush my line today and take another blood culture. She was able to put fluids in but not get the blood out. We waited a little bit then tried again, it then would not even let her put fluids in the line so she thinks I had a blockage. So she put a medicine in the line to help break up the blockage (it was cool how she put it in). It took a few hours but eventually the blockage broke up and my line was good to go again. I am not really eating much, when I do it is sour stuff like lemonade, sour airheads stuff like that. Mom's face puckers up and she laughs at me but it's so good! Well that is my fun exciting day hope everyone is doing well.
Love Trent

12 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

I LOVE the lemonade picture!

Anonymous said...

Trent,
I am going to be a pirate. I like to be boy things for Halloween. Breanne is going to be a lion. Kaitlin is dressing up as a dude. Andrew is dressing up as a scary dude that has been beaten up. Daniel is going as a cowboy, and Taylor does not know what he will dress up as. So it looks like we have no one dressing up like any girl stuff this year.
Autumn

Nate Olsen said...

Hey Trent!

I like the pictures. I'm glad you put them up on this blog. Every morning i check a few different sites, like my email and espn.com and stuff like that, but your blog is one of those sites i check every morning as well. I enjoy seeing how your doing, so thanks for keeping us all posted!
Trent i love you buddy. Have a good day!

Nate

Anonymous said...

I have the complete Narnia (Witch, Lion & Wardrobe, etc) set on CDs. It is probably 20 hours or more of listening and I really really enjoyed them in my drive to and from Salt Lake. It is 7 different books and starts before the Witch, Lion & wardrobe and goes 5 books past it.

Great for every age. If he hasn't already heard them and you think it is something he would enjoy, I would love to drop them off. I might just drop them off anyway :-)

Aunt Vickie

The Fackrell's said...

Trent, Love the pictures. You look cizy in those blankets. Did your mom find those sour candies find Nelea's birthdaY for you? If not I will try to find them too. Good to see your cute face in the pictures, and I loved talking to you the other day on the phone, you made me smile :-)

Well, have a good weekend Trent,
Love, Melissa Fackrell :-)
PS the girls say "what's up"

Anonymous said...

Trent,
Hey, it's been a while, sorry. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I think (and talk) about you a lot. I like the lemonade picture, I love sour things too! I like to suck on lemons and limes! Last night I was riding my bike and I turned too fast and did a total face plant. I got a double bloody noses and now I have two fat lips and a scratched chin, nose and cheek. It hurt. My dad has been busy decorating our house for Halloween he likes to do our whole yard haunted. I am going to be a scary pirate. Have a good day.
Connor

Duval Family said...

Nurse Heidi,

Thanks it was so fun making homemade lemonade. The nurses walked in and the smell of lemons was so strong their mouths puckered just walking into the room.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Autumn,

That's awesome you are going to be a pirate. Your family's costume sound cool! Hope you have fun Trick or Treating and don't get to sick.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Nate,

Did you look like a snowman after the BYU game on Saturday? Mom said her, dad and Brad looked like snowmen. But they said they had fun. Your Mom chickened out or what on the game? Well hope you are doing well, I hope I can go home soon.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Aunt Vickie,

I love Narnia. If you would like I would love to listen to them. Also they would count as my reading for school. We get very creative with school. Thanks again.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Fackrell's

Hey Melissa thanks for telling me where to find the sour candies. Mom did not have time to go to that store but she went to Smith's and bought about 5 different sour candies. They were all good. She said she will go this week and find the other ones! Are you ready for Halloween. What are you girls dressing up like? Mom got me a Harry Potter Costume! Well hope all is well, what are you naming your little girl?

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Connor,

I can't believe you suck on lemons and limes. I squezed 2 full lemons in water then added lots of sugar and it was still sour. I kept trying to get the right mixture and finally got it. Tell your Dad his Halloween decorations rock!! I still remember them. Also when your dad popped out at me and my brother in his dememtor costume it scared me to death!!! Where is your Dad putting his hurse? My mom is still laughing that he bought one!!! I'm sorry you face planted it. That totally stinks. Has it healed yet? I think your costume will be so cool!! Talk to you later.

Love Trent