Friday, October 10, 2008

Oct 10 day 2 home (Jnote about Trent)




He made it home last night after a very long day. It takes a lot to get everything set up and learn the meds. His sweet family of five finally got their moment alone at 11pm. They are sleeping in this morning and looking forward to breakfast around the table. Trent tried very hard to make it to the REAL soccer game last night, but was very worn out. He had his dad take his brothers for part of it. After a good nap he finally got his Wendy's fix. It's been a long time since he's had fast food. He could handle one bite of the burger, fries and frosty, but it was sweet. Thank you everyone for your love and prayers. We have received many calls and emails, Trent loves all of the pumpkins and balloons. Thank you for the snacks and cards. We are working on getting a love mail box set up, but for now things can still be dropped off across the street at my house. All of those who have offered to bring in meals, I will get with you soon, Trent still has a few cravings to satisfy first. The pumpkins look so cute with all of the signatures, there is a pen out there for anyone else that comes by. I will post more later about whats going on. Chick-fil-a fundraiser -see sidebar cows Thank you Everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Trent,

Everytime I check the website to see how you are am amazed at the super hero strength you display!

You are a wonderful boy and our world is a better place with you in it. My mother, Norma Johnson (she made you the spider man blanket) asks about you all the time.

Our hearts are full of prayers for an amazing recovery for you! Keep up the fight and know that you have more of us than you know pulling for you.

Sherr Bowman (Blue Stakes)

Nurse Heidi said...

I just posted the fundraiser on my blog, so hopefully Chik-fil-A will be hopping!

Tammi said...

I just learned of your story from my friend "Nurse Heidi". I am touched by your story and the faith of such a young boy. I live in Texas but I run marathons for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and would like to run in honor of Trent. He is such an inspiration to us all! Thank you for sharing your story and please know you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kalee and Mike said...

Hello DuVal Family,

I know that you don't know me (im a friend of Amber Olson Barnson) but i heard this song and i could not help but think of you.

It's called..... He's My Son By: Mark Shultz (this song is amazing!)

I have been so touched by the faith of Trent! He really is amazing!!!!
You all are in our Prayers:)