Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 17th day +72

Last few days have been crazy. Tuesday they started me on a new med cause my blood is now positive for the epstien bar virius. I will get it once a week for four weeks. Wednesday the results came back from my biopsy of my intestine and I also have the adno virius. I will be on meds Mon, Wed, & Frid we are not sure how long. We are hoping it will slow down the diarrhea but the doc's say it probably won't. The volume of my poop has gone down the last few days which is good. They have put me on a progression diet so I can eat plain bread, potato, rice, cheerios, rice krispies stuff like that. There is only about 10 things I can eat and of course I do not want to eat plain things I want pizza and burgers!!! So every morning I ask if I can eat pizza and burgers and every morning they tell me no I need to start slow. Mom laughs and I make a new plan for the next day. I still sleep most of the day and finally come awake and willing to talk a little about 7:00. Well hope everyone has a fun day.

Love Trent

4 comments:

Darla said...

Trent,
It is good that you get to eat something...but we hope you will be able to eat what YOU WANT really soon! You are a great kid for being so patient. We continue to pray for you.
Love,
The Shupe Family

Anonymous said...

Trent,
when you come home the pizza is on me. Harrison was up at the hospital on 10th and he is just starting to feel better. His hair is growing back but not very well. He has most of it still gone. I can't believe you are having so many problems with treatment. This really stinks. I know that it is mono and ando, but how is the leukemia? Are you cancer free yet?
Harrison says hi and can you go to boondocks when you are better. We put your name in the temple again, you are in our prayers,

Love,
The Bashore's

Shelli Simmons said...

Trent,
Progression diet eh? I hope you can progress to the good stuff soon! It's good to hear the poop volume is down...you know you are the toughest dude around! I hope these new meds will make things better for you! We love you!!
Love, Shelli

Crystal Erickson said...

Eating----Yeah!!!!!! Food is awesome especially when you can eat yourself. Remember that the good stuff is coming, and we are so happy for your progress. Keep up the good work. We love you lots. Hug your family for us! We miss and love you. Sleep is great! Just think you will be so rested up for when you get out of that place!!Glad the poop is slowing down. Love ya!