Saturday, May 17, 2008

May 17th - day +11




Photo 1- I got a kid archeaology set that I had to chisel the rock away to find pirate treasure.
Photo 2 - With the problem with my dressing they had me wear the stretching stuff to hold
it on. I call it my chain mail(armor) for my sword fights.
Photo 3 - My nurse Irish holding the bag of lymphocytes from the donor before they gave it
me. It was surprising how small the bag was. It took the donor at least six hours to
donate that little bit.
Well I'm still not acting like I'm sick. We play all day, stay up late, and sleep in. We have heard the word "home" used a couple of times lately. I cannot go home yet but we're getting closer. My potassium levels keep sliding and the doctors don't know why, so I've been getting potassium through my IV. Now they gave me a HUGE pill to take. The nurse wants me to try and take the pill so there will not be any issues when they decide to let me go home. Thank you. Love, Trent.


4 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

Trent! You look like a PRO archaeologist! How fun! We are glad to see you "feeling" good...We are still sending all our prayers and thoughts your way! Keep up the great job! Thanks for sharing your strength with so many - I know it keeps us going on our down days! You are amazing!!!

Keep us posted! And we HOPE YOU ARE HOME SOON!!!!! :O)

Nurse Heidi said...

Thanks for the pictures! I love the "body armor". I'll have to remember that next time I use it on a patient.

Biscuit said...

That body armor is dead sexy. I have some just like it. Oops, sorry Amber's coming. Don't tell her I told you about it.

Biscuit

Anonymous said...

Hey Trent! I'm that friend of your Grandma Hansen's that hangs out and goes to dinner n stuff. So, I know your mom and dad (they are totally the best by the way) AND I happen to know your Uncle Biscuit soooooo.....don't worry about ratting HIM out to your sweet Aunt Amber..... He's gonna wonder how all of HIS side of the family knows about his DEAD SEXY BODY ARMOR the next time he calls or emails his family!!!!! I've got connections, buddy, and I think your Uncle Biscuit might be in for some interesting ummmm shall we say 'comments'? Now, enough about that, the reason I really logged on was to check and see how you were doing this time around. Just so you will know.... there are so many people praying for you Trent! People you don't even know. I'm a mom of 5 kids and they are all married...that's 10 people that YOU don't even know and they pray for you all the time, and some of them have children old enough to pray by themselves and that's 6+ more and there is me and my husband...and one of my good friends that lives in Riverton and knew your mom & dad a long, long, long time ago checks your blog and she and her family pray for you also. Prayer is a funny thing, it draws you closer to the people you pray for even if you never meet them in person, or even if you don't know for sure who they are. And one of the coolest things is that as we pray for you... you begin to inspire us and touch our lives even though you don't even know that you are doing it. You become a part of our lives in a way that is hard to explain but I know that it has something to do with Heavenly Father's plan. He teaches all of us so many lessons in so many different ways and I want you to know that, without even knowing it, you have taught me a lot about courage, faith, honesty, love and the precious blessing that we call family. You are truly AWESOME Trent. Thanks for helping me become a better person. Thank you for your posts and (in advance) thanks for not spilling the beans about you-know-what to your Uncle Biscuit.....
Wishing you Happy Homeward Bound Days & Nights filled with Dreams of Narnia......
Your Friend,
Dorothy