Saturday, November 17, 2007

November 17th: bone marrow birthday

Well today was the big day. It started off with my waking up and throwing up right away. I then went back to sleep until eleven and then woke up throwing up again. The donor got to the procedure late so the bone marrow missed the plane last night. The courier(volunteer) apparently drove to the nearest city with an airport to catch a flight this morning. The marrow got to the hospital about 1o:00 and then had to be prepared. I got the tranplant at 4:45. Everything has gone good, no reactions as of yet. My room was full of people today for my bone marrow birthday party. More mouth sores are starting to form and are supposed to get worse over the next three weeks until the bone marrow begins producing new cells. Thank you to everyone who came to visit in the last two days and for your prayers. Love, Trent.

8 comments:

Shelli Simmons said...

Trent,
So your bone marrow missed the plane eh? I am grateful you finally were able to have the transplant yesterday. What a blessing that you have not had any reactions yet, I hope it will stay that way! Mouth sores? Yuck! We all will keep praying for you! Thank you for the smile yesterday...you are the "Miracle Man"!!
Love, Shelli

Anonymous said...

Hi Trent,

We are so happy for you that things are looking good so far. We had the primary program today and we missed you. The spirit was so stong there and all the primary kids did an awesome job singing.
We talked about tithing today in class. We talked about how tithing is one tenth of our increase, and how everything we earn is from our Heavenly Father, so it's really not a hard thing to give just one tenth back to him like he has asked us to do. We also learned that tithing is used to build churches and temples. They cost a lot of money so Heavenly Father appreciates our obedience to pay our tithing.
We will keep praying for you and your family. Love, Bother and Sister Rindlisbacher

Piano Mom said...

We are keeping our fingers crossed for you and praying for the best!

Duval Family said...

Sister Simmons,

Yep my bone marrow missed it's plane. I am just glad that was all that went wrong! I am glad to I have not had rejections, but they say I will not reject until it starts to graft. So we will see although we do want some rejection. Thanks for everything.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Brother & Sister Rindlisbacher,

Thank you for taking the time to give me the primary lesson. I have tried hard to pay my tithing. I am glad the primary did a good job at the program. I wish I was ther instead of here. Thanks so much.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Brother & Sister Rindlisbacher,

Thank you for taking the time to give me the primary lesson. I have tried hard to pay my tithing. I am glad the primary did a good job at the program. I wish I was ther instead of here. Thanks so much.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Sister Halling,

Thanks for crossing your fingers. So far so good. Tell everyone hi.

Love Trent

Duval Family said...

Sister Halling,

Thanks for crossing your fingers. So far so good. Tell everyone hi.

Love Trent